Artwork is needed to brighten the walls of the bathrooms in The NOCCA Institute’s Press Street Station, a new cafe serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the Marigny-Bywater.
New work will appear every full moon. Submitted works should be nature-themed and will be displayed in the bathrooms of Press Street Station. Selections will be made on a rolling basis. Artists will be notified two weeks before the date of installation. All work must be hand-delivered to 5 Press Gallery on or before the installation date. Limit 10 submissions per artist. Call is open to the general public and artists working in all mediums are invited to apply.
- All submissions must include images of work, titles, prices, and dimensions.
- Three-dimensional work must include weight and a brief description of the installation process.
- Maximum dimensions = 50in. x 66.5in.
- Recommended dimensions= 36in. x 24in or smaller.
- All two-dimensional work must be framed or have finished edges. Submissions must include images of works as framed
- All frames should be black, white or natural wood.
- Work must be properly prepared with hanging hardware and ready to be hung with a picture hook, nail, or screw.
Retail price is limited to $300 per artwork submitted. Works will be consigned for a two-month loan period and displayed in the men’s bathroom one month and the women’s bathroom one month. Artwork will be available for sale through The NOCCA Institute’s 5 Press Gallery, which retains a 30% commission on all purchases.We ask artists interested in submitting to contribute a $5 donation that will provide Press Street Gardens flowers to receptions and special events at 5 Press Gallery.